Just a few days left to pop over to our exclusive sale
with podcast-approved toys. Treat yourself to something deliciously naughty.
Showtime's new late-night show, Submission, is all about BDSM. We follow Ashley, a woman coming out of yet another sexually unsatisfying relationship, as she begins to explore her desire in the realm of power exchange and BDSM.
Written and directed by Jacky St. James, who has taken the feminist porn world by storm, the show offers us a more complex, empowered, dynamic, and accurate look into the world of pleasure, pain, psychological play, and more.
On this very special episode of Sex Gets Real, I sit down and chat with Jacky St. James and the show's lead actor, Ashlynn Yennie. We talk about how the show came to be, what it was like for porn director Jacky to shoot a mainstream show about sex, and how Ashlynn jumped into this world without any prior experience in kink.
It's hot, and it's about to get even hotter.
Submission airs Thursdays at 11pm ET on Showtime. In this episode, Jacky, Ashlynn, and I:
About Jacky St. James
- Discuss what sets Submission apart from 50 Shades of Grey, including the important of having a lead character who chooses this path for herself instead of doing it for someone else.
- Laugh over cock socks and simulated sex versus porn sex.
- Explore consent and the role that it played in the creation of Submission. Jacky didn't want a polished version of BDSM, but a more flawed and real look at what BDSM can be.
- Talk about what it was like on set for the actors who were naked and engaging in actual BDSM for many of the scenes.
- Tease everyone endlessly with what's coming up next on the show. EPISODE 6! I NEED TO SEE IT.
Jacky St. James is an award-winning writer and director in the adult entertainment industry dubbed by Salon.com as “the Woman Who Conquered Porn.” She’s guest lectured at UCLA, UCSB, and been featured in Slate, The Huffington Post, The Daily Beast, The Examiner, and many more.
Follow Jacky on Twitter @jackystjames
and check out her SUPER sexy site over at missjackystjames.com/
. About Ashlynn Yennie
Ashlynn Yennie grew up in Wyoming and Colorado, she moved to NYC when she was 18 to train at the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
She started her career in commercials and bit parts on soap operas but it was landing the part of Jenny in the cult horror films The Human Centipede 1 & 2 that put her on the map. She has appeared in several other indie film including Fractured, The Scribbler and The Ghost and the Whale as well as on the popular television series NCIS and Undatable. She is starring as Ashley in the new Showtime series SUBMISSION.
You can find Ashlynn on Twitter @ashlynnyennie
, Instagram @ashlynn_yennie
, and on her website ashlynnyennie.com
. Hearing from you is the best, so here's how to contact the show: