Indie makers and marketplace shakers, this episode is a must-listen for you! Joining the podcast today is the prolific innovator and creator Jakob Greenfeld. Over the last two years, Jakob has successfully launched over fifteen software products and is the host of The Business Brainstorms
podcast and creator of The Opportunities
In this episode, we learn about Jakob’s journey from becoming a physicist to testing out the road of entrepreneurship with his bootstrapped products. Jakob gives us great insight into the early days of his workings, framework, and product launching tactics. Jakob also shines a light on taking shots on goal, the importance of authenticity, sharing your origin story and how to increase your business visibility. Key points within this episode include:
‘’In the long term, it all boils down to just putting your brain out there and hoping that like-minded people find you.’’
- An introduction to Jakob Greenfeld.
- The importance of hooking customers with your origin story.
- Preparation and patience in business.
- Building an online audience.
- Market response and first product sales.
- The downfalls of a product launch.
- Why we should never underestimate newsletters.
- The benefits of growing a sustainable community.
- The power of authenticity and being personable.
- Increasing your online visibility.
- Jakob’s advice on obtaining your first 10 customers.
– Jakob Greenfeld. Connect with Jakob Greenfeld: https://jakobgreenfeld.com/ https://twitter.com/jakobgreenfeld https://businessbrainstorms.com/ https://indieopportunities.com/
Connect with First 10 Podcast host Conor McCarthy: https://www.first10podcast.com https://twitter.com/TheFirst10Pod https://www.linkedin.com/in/comccart/
Book: How to be a capitalist without any capital
by Nathan Latka https://book.nathanlatka.com/
The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work
by Michael E. Gerber
by Pat Flynn https://patflynn.com/book/superfans/
Trends.vc Newsletter https://trends.vc/
Andrew Wilkinson – Co-founder of Tiny
Harry Dry – The Kanye Story https://thekanyestory.com/
Pieter Levels – 12 start ups in 12 months https://levels.io/12-startups-12-months/
Produced in partnership with podlad.com
Check out my podcast partners!