Rodney Williams is a serial entrepreneur because he’s an explorer. It wasn’t enough to change the game with his first company, LISNR. He is now disrupting the lending industry with his latest company, SoLo Funds. Rodney is our guest this week on The Founder’s Mind and shares his thoughts on the evolution of his leadership style and interests.
Listen to the episode as Rodney discusses his definition of winning, what it’s like being a Black founder, why he approaches problems with an explorer’s attitude, and why the words “I remember,” are the most powerful words an investor can say to an entrepreneur.
Rodney B. Williams
- (01:45) – What is Rodney Williams cooking up right now?
- (04:00) – Having vision for market opportunities
- (07:14) – How SoLo Funds is helping communities
- (19:46) – How Rodney takes risks to create new businesses
- (29:39) – Rodney’s leadership evolution
- (32:34) – How Rodney defines winning
- (41:00) – First impressions and cultivating networks
- (46:49) – Rodney’s advice for new founders
- (51:07) - Connect with Rodney on Twitter or Instagram @rodneybwilliams
is the Founder and CCO of LISNR
and the Co-Founder and Chairman of SoLo Funds
. He worked in brand management at Procter & Gamble and saw firsthand the constant struggle brands have connecting with consumers. By lowering the barrier for proximity-based marketing on mobile devices, LISNR is expanding the opportunity for marketers and brands to target messaging to consumers through relevant mobile connections. SoLo Funds is disrupting the lending industry by allowing for peer-to-peer lending.
The Founder's Mind is a podcast for entrepreneurs wanting to gain insights and tactics from founders of all kinds to learn, grow, and be better equipped to navigate the inherent challenges of entrepreneurship. The podcast is hosted by Adam Mutschler
, a Leadership Coach and COO at The Kedar Group
, and sponsored by Upside
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to The Founder’s Mind in Apple Podcasts
, Google Podcasts
or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts
. It really helps others find the show.Podcast episode production by Dante32.