Sean Douglas was suicidal at one point of time due to heavy drinking habit and series of negative thoughts. He has grown in alcohol and abusive environment at his home. This had deep negative impact in his life and he himself became alcoholic. But this is not what he wanted for himself in his life. One fine day he said to himself, "I am so done with this. I need to change the way I am living my life." He turned to timeless wisdom of great books and people who has shown him the way. He shares decisions we make in our life at the moment has impact in our future.
Today, Sean is a TEDx Speaker, owns a company The Success Corps to help other transcend their limits, Author of the book Decisions- The Power To Overcome Self-Defeating Behaviors. He is a United states Air Force Veteran deployed to multiple locations worldwide and has performed multitude of duties all over the world.
Some Questions I ask Sean:
- How was growing up in alcohol dominated and abusive environment at your home like? And how did that impact your thought pattern as a kid?
- Sean you spent four years as a Drill Instructor in Air Force Basic Training. What did you learn from that opportunity or experience in your life?
- What is the message you wanna give out to people who are hitting rock-bottom in their life like you did?
- Can you talk a bit about how can one hack his brain for success?
- What is one thing you are still struggling with?
- 03:40 Sean Shares about his recent work and mission of his life.
- 04:37 He shares how he learned to get out of his own way to success while he was a drill instructor in Air Force.
- 05:41 Sean talks about how unstable and rough childhood he had and getting into alcohol addiction and family.
- 07:22 He shares about darkest phase in his life including almost killing himself.
- 11:39 How he was able to come out of alcohol addiction and suicidal thoughts turning to wisdom of books.
- 15:50 Sean's message to people hitting rock bottom- You have power to rewrite your own story.
- 17:27 How you can hack your brain for success. Sean gives an example.
- 22:53 Sean shares what self-defeating behavior is and how is book Decisions can help you come out of those behaviours.
- 29:24 He talks about his organization The Success Corps.
- 33:00 Enlightening Round.
Show notes page: http://theinspiringtalk.com/sean-douglas Attend Podcast Launch Workshop.
Use Coupon code INSPIRING while checkout to get jaw dropping discount.
Subscribe, Rate and Review the show on:
Follow The Inspiring Talk podcast on