Michael Yon (@Michael_Yon
) is an author, columnist, and award-winning independent war correspondent who gives us a frontline view of the current civil unrest between Hong Kong protestors and the government of mainland China.
What We Discuss with Michael Yon:
- What Michael means by his oft-truncated and misunderstood quote: "If a writer wants to make money, he should avoid truth and tell people what they want to hear. Yet to win the war, tell the truth."
- The difference between riots, protests, general civil unrest, and insurgency -- and what's really going on in Hong Kong right now in contrast with the official story.
- Why Michael considers himself a war correspondent and not a journalist -- and how the two differ.
- Why the long-simmering relationship between China and Hong Kong is only now coming to a boil, and what the rest of the world should take away from this.
- How the current movement in Hong Kong compares to Poland's Solidarity Movement of the '80s -- and why this especially worries the Chinese Communist Party.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/314
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking
-- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course
Like this show? Please leave us a review here
-- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!