Ian Garlic shares the tools his company uses to keep the team focused on their key projects, the “S” word that frequently sabotages the growth freelancers are seeking, and his approach to getting out of a business slump quickly.
For show notes, transcripts, and more, go to Leadpages.com/podcast
. Ian is the founder of authenticWEB, a digital marketing agency specializing in video and SEO. Ian also hosts the Garlic Marketing Show and is building a directory of video professionals at StoryCrews.com.
- Get hyper-focused on one thing. Make sure obviously it has value to people and just worry about delivering that value as much as possible at first to as many people as possible and know that it's going to be hard.
- Passion will trump the best sales techniques all day. People want authentic excitement coming from the people they buy from.
- When you're feeling bad about your business, reach out and help someone else. Genuinely help someone else without any intention of trying to get something out of it.
- Scaling isn’t for everybody. Just because you want to have a big business doesn't mean that you should just go out and try and get a big business. Figure out what you really want and how you’re going to make it happen. What is the real purpose of creating this business?
- You have to work hard. The bigger the possible success, the more unknowns and roadblocks you’re likely to run into.