The Matt Jones Podcast welcomes on Charles Booker, Kentucky’s youngest Black state lawmaker, a current legislator in the Kentucky House of Representatives, and a recent candidate in Kentucky’s Democratic primary for the 2020 U.S. Senate race.
Booker joins Matt to discuss his decision to run for office, his narrow loss to Amy McGrath, his quick rise in the political world, among other topics.
- Booker discusses his campaign and when he started to believe he could actually win
- How he’s dealing with such a close (and unique) loss to Amy McGrath in the primary
- What it felt like to have to wait a full week for final election results
- If he’ll help Amy McGrath in the general election. Has she called him since the primary election?
- Earlier in his career, Booker ran against one of his former mentors and employers, Gerald Neal… What was that like?
- Booker’s continued involvement in the Black Lives Matter movement
- Has anyone ever called him Chuck?