What does it mean to be modest? Are modesty and purity the same thing? In this episode, Alissa, Gina, Kayla, and Lindsy candidly discuss the topic of modesty in our culture through the lens of God’s upside-down kingdom. Bringing varying backgrounds and faith experiences to the table, we ponder aloud what to make of the call by many Christians to "be modest."
In this episode, we:
- Jump into the typical Christian definition of modesty
- Ask how this compares with the modesty question of the Bible
- Compare objectification with modesty
- Explore the power structures behind modesty standards
- Address cultural differences of what modesty means
Join us as we challenge ourselves to be modest with an upside-down approach. May we be people who practice modesty, regardless of our gender or what we choose to wear.
Recommended reading & resources:
News, Notes, and Links:Support the show