No matter how passionate, energetic, and dedicated you are to your creative profession, you will inevitably reach a point of exhaustion and burnout. It happens to the best of us including me
In today’s episode I have a conversation with post-production guru Michael Kammes that runs the gamut from tech all the way to really in-depth and honest conversations about mental health. If you’ve ever found yourself at a point in your life where you’re just spinning your wheels and walking into work every day wondering if it’s the right choice for you, Michael’s story is very inspiring. He is one of the most passionate and dedicated to post-production technology that I’ve ever met, but even Michael hit a wall at one point, but instead of giving in he decided to step back, hit the reset button, and make some major changes in his life. I hope his story inspires you to make some positive changes as well. Show Sponsor: G-Technology Topics of Conversation:
Useful Links: Enjoying The Show? Leave A Rating And Review HERE FiP Question Submission FiP Amazon Link Athletic Greens Michael Kammes 5 Things Series
- Michael's journey to becoming a tech guru
- How to enable creativity through technical knowledge
- The frustration of losing enthusiasm for your work
- Michael's history with ADD and Depression
- Dealing with the pros and cons of medication
- Using activity as a healthy outlet for frustration
- Feeling satisfied with your work by giving 100%
- How Michael reset his life over the course of two weeks and changed his health and outlook for the better
- The importance of sharing our stories to give the tools of health and wellness to allow creativity to flourish
- Being effective rather than just being efficient
- Cherishing your ability to do the work that you love
Michael Kammes is the Director of Technology at Key Code Media, and host of the tech series "5 THINGS
". He works on the technical and consulting side of post production, and has been a keynote speaker at conventions, technology retreats, symposiums, and colleges.
His post audio experience encompasses serving as a film and television Dialogue Editor, SFX Editor, ADR Recordist & Editor, Re-Recording Mixer and Supervising Sound Editor.
Plus, he just really, really, digs Post. Show Credits:
This episode was edited by Curtis Fritsch
, the show notes were prepared by Jakin Rintelman
, and this show is executive produced by Kanen Flowers
. We are a member of the THAT STUDIO
The music in the opening and closing of the show is courtesy of Dorian Cheah
from his brilliant album ARA.