*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here
to Join Now]
In this episode we bring you a special role reversal as David Willey, Editor-in-Chief at Runner’s World, takes a turn asking us the questions.
This interview, part of which aired on the Runner’s World Show, covers a wide array of topics -from our running stories, origins of the MTA podcast, embarrassing moments, and of course . . . tips for marathon training season!
Interview Questions for Angie and Trevor
- So you guys are traveling, where are you now?
- Angie, you’ve done some races this summer right?
- What inspired you to get started in podcasting six years ago when podcast was not as big as it is now?
- You guys have such a cool niche, how did you get started running and have your feelings about running changed over the past six years?
- How do you think the sport has evolved and changed since starting your show?
- Do people typically listen to the podcast while they run?
- How do you decide what topics to cover on the show?
- What are the two or three most popular topics for listeners?
- Since the marathon is a very transformation thing, is there a bond that forms with your listeners and have you met very many of them in person?
- Are there a couple examples of the most inspiring success stories that stand out?
- I didn’t know that you used to be a minister, Trevor, do you feel parallels between that and what you are doing now?
- What’s your best running memory?
- Most embarrassing running moment?
- What’s your go-to pre-race routine or food?
- What’s your favorite post-race reward or indulgence?
- What are your PRs and a goal that you still have on the horizon?
- What are your two or three most critical pieces of advice for new marathoners?
- Angie, listeners know the you have run over 46 marathons and ultras with no series injuries, is there anything specific that you do everyday to prevent injury?
- How do you convince runners that they need to take time to cross-train?
- Do you have a key go-to workout that works best for you?
- How do you get through the inevitable tough moments during the marathon?
- What do you listen to while you are out there on a run?
Big thanks to David Willey for interviewing us! Be sure to check out the excellent work that he and his team are doing at The Runner’s World Show
Also Mentioned in This Episode . . .
From the Community . . .
Today I achieved a goal I would have never thought possible if I hadn’t found this online community which inspires and motivates me so much! I am now officially Marathon Maniac #13069 after finishing 3 marathons in 90 days! And today was a marathon PR for me too despite the hot weather! Being part of this group has opened my eyes to so many possibilities as I see all of the incredible amazing accomplishments of others. Thank you all for constantly inspiring me! -Louisa
The post The Beautiful Struggle of a Marathon, Angie and Tr…
appeared first on Marathon Training Academy