In episode #572, Eric and Neil explain ways that you can easily make 6 figures as a marketer. Tune in to hear how to prove yourself to be a valuable asset.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Simplest Way to Make 6 Figures as a Marketer
- [00:37] Go work for someone!
- [00:56] Working for someone was educational and lucrative for Eric.
- [01:45] Don’t switch jobs too frequently, because you will be seen as a job hopper.
- [02:10] However, switching companies can be more lucrative (raises, better benefits).
- [02:28] The easiest way to make 6 figures is to do a tear-down of a website.
- [02:52] Break down in Google Docs or Word where they can improve and how to fix it.
- [03:20] Email the document to the founder and CEO in separate chains.
- [04:29] There’s a good chance they will find you valuable and pay you just to solve the problems you outlined.
- [04:55] Eric used this method and emailed the CEO of Zynga.
- [05:19] It doesn’t matter if you’ve been marketing for 20 years or 1 year, identifying a problem and pointing out the solution is an easy way to prove yourself valuable and put you on the road to 6 figures.
- [05:52] Eric recommends chasing opportunity rather than salary, in most instances.
- [06:10] You don’t have to build a product, you could always do performance marketing.
- [06:35] That’s all for today!
- [06:39] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: