On this episode of Not Another! Real Estate Investing Podcast (co-hosted by Brian Davis, of Offer Automation and Davis Real Estate, and Dan Riendeau), your hosts interview the brilliant Chris Voss. Chris Voss first made a name for himself as the FBI’s lead kidnapping negotiator, then as the author of Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It (http://a.co/3LUV5bS
). He is the founder and CEO of The Black Swan Group, which teaches clients to use hostage negotiation strategies to succeed in business.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- All about Chris Voss’s journey from FBI hostage negotiator to business negotiation expert (1:04)
- The science behind negotiations – and why crisis situations and business deals are more similar than you might think (3:10)
- The most important aspect of negotiating – and how real estate investors can make it work for us (7:30)
- Neuroscience-proven ways to handle direct mail marketing and calls with potential sellers (12:22)
- Why Chris Voss says it’s crucial for real estate investors to “build a two-way empathy bridge” with prospective sellers (19:48)
- Fast and easy ways to build rapport with potential sellers (25:42)
- The horrible kidnappings that led Chris Voss to where he is today (27:34)
- The greatest successes of Chris Voss’s groundbreaking negotiation strategy (29:51)
- How to use silence to your advantage in a negotiation (32:12)
- Why first impressions are less important than you’d think (36:01)
- How to learn more about Chris Voss’s incredible negotiation skills – and get more of his advice (39:16)
Got feedback for our podcast team? Want to learn more about negotiation strategies, making great deals, or increasing your earnings as a real estate investor? Looking for a real estate partner in Connecticut? Just want to learn more about Brian Davis and Offer Automation? Get in touch with Brian by phone at (860) 919-6996 or by email at [email protected]
, or find us online at http://www.OfferAutomation.com. You can also find Chris Voss and The Black Swan Group online at http://www.BlackSwanLtd.com, or subscribe to their newsletter, The Edge, by texting “FBIempathy” to 22828.