**Warning: This episode might not be suitable for young listeners**
Paganism is rapidly flooding into the West and the growing impact of paganism is perhaps most evident in our culture's changing views on sexuality and marriage. In this episode we reflect on historically pagan views of sexuality and marriage (focusing primarily on Greco-Roman paganism, but considering other pagan practices as well) and we illustrate how these pagan and distinctly non-Christian views are manifesting in our culture today. We trace the pagan penchant for pornography from the walls of Pompeii to modern art and popular shows. In this tour de force episode, we cover modern examples of polyamory, polygamy, polyandry, and group marriage and we document the uptick in creative and trail blazing romantic arrangements such as 'monogamish' marriage and the 'polyfidelous closed quad' configuration. Prepare to be shocked by the growing depravity that is rapidly becoming the 'new normal'. Listener discretion is advised.
0:00:38 - Introduction
0:11:01 - Pornography
0:34:09 - Promiscuity
1:25:35 - Ending
- Dittrich, Luke (2017). Patient H.M.: A Story of Memory, Madness, and Family Secrets. Random House Trade Paperbacks; Reprint edition.
- Engles, F. (1972/1884). The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State. Penguin Classics.
- Fox, R.L. (1987). Pagans and Christians. Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.
- Harper, L. (2013). From Shame to Sin: The Christian Transformation of Sexual Morality in Late Antiquity. First Harvard University Press.
- Kuby, Gabriele (2015). The Global Sexual Revolution: Destruction of Freedom in the Name of Freedom. LifeSite/Angelico Press.