Fred and Jeremy discuss why bringing proper documentation and a fat wad of cash to the Chinese Consulate would be a good idea; why the Sundance Film Festival is better than Christmas; and how soon everyone will be able to travel like Beyoncé and Jay-Z.
The US Government is planning to relax travel restrictions to Cuba, allowing more Americans to visit. What demographic of travelers will make this trek? How will American tourism help the Cuban culture? And a question for you to reflect on for the rest of your day: What will this do to the price of Cuban cigars?
In This Episode
- 01:20 Important update regarding the Tortuga Air
- 05:29 10 year Chinese visas
- 08:00 Treat yo’self: Jeremy’s Sundance excursion
- 12:03 Cuba/US relations
- 18:18 What the new rules really mean
- 20:55 The future dynamic of Cuban travelers
- 22:55 Open tourism affecting Cuban culture
- 28:59 Would you go to a country with a travel ban in place?
- 34:50 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscriptions, ratings, and reviews are helpful for getting the show ranked and discovered by other travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.