So, you want to take a trip but you're worried about missing a potential opportunity at work; or you've got a dog at home that may or may not start rough drafting a suicide note if you're gone longer than a couple of days; or maybe you are just anxious about spending so much money at once... do any of these scenarios sound familiar? Travel guilt takes many forms, none of which are pleasant or fun to deal with. Today, Jeremy, with help from his coach, Fred, is ready to renounce his travel guilt so he can take more trips and actually enjoy them!
In This Episode
- 08:20 Fear of missing out on work/ fear of missing out on a trip
- 17:46 Travel guilt is not an issue for Fred!
- 20:06 Personality and life organization help with travel guilt
- 23:22 How does Fred get the ball rolling for a trip?
- 27:15 Get a travel credit card specifically for a trip and tell people you're traveling
- 29:09 Just commit; book your tickets early
- 32:38 Word to the Wise
People On This Episode
Links from This Episode
Word to the Wise
- Jeremy: The Fall of the Cherry King by Vivian Yee - Interesting and well-written piece in The NY Times about Arthur Mondella, head of Dell's Maraschino Cherries, who killed himself during a drug raid
- Fred: TechFlex Cable Wrap - Make wires and cables less distracting; cut down on visual clutter around your desk and television
Win a $100 Tortuga Backpacks Gift Card
Every month we give away a $100 gift card to someone who subscribes to and reviews the podcast. Subscribers, ratings, and reviews are how the show gets ranked in podcast directories and found by more travelers. We appreciate your help spreading the word about Power Trip.
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, email, or your podcatcher of choice with our RSS feed.
- Leave a review in iTunes.
- Fill out this form after you've done both for a chance to win a gift card.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback about the show or questions for us to answer on the air, email: podcast at tortuga backpacks dotcom.