Michael Stohler is the Co-Founder of Gateway Private Equity Group, a hotel real estate investment firm based in Phoenix, Arizona. Before investing in hotels, Michael was a multifamily investor for about 20 years. With his experience, Michael started his podcast The Richer Geek to help educate people on what they can achieve by investing in real estate.
[00:01 – 08:44] Opening Segment
[08:45 – 17:49] The Hotel Industry A Year After COVID
- I introduce and welcome our guest, Michael Stohler
- Michael shares what urged him to shift from multifamily into hotels
- He talks a bit about his background
[17:50 – 24:37] Hotel Investments
- Michael compares the 2008 recession from the hit the economy took due to the COVID pandemic
- Michael talks about how their hotel businesses are currently doing
[24:38 – 33:18] THE FINAL FOUR
- Michael shares their process of acquiring new hotels
- The value adds they do to improve the hotel
- Michael talks about the CMBS Loans
- What’s the worst job that you ever had?
- An ice cream scooper in winter
- What’s a book you’ve read that has given you a paradigm shift?
- What is a skill or talent that you’d like to learn?
- To be able to stick to something that is fun.
- What does success mean to you?
- Build a life that you don’t need a vacation from
- Get in touch with Michael. See the links below.
- Final thoughts
“You have to have either a partner or a mentor. Go to them. There’s some great coaches out there. Learn from their lessons, learn from their mistakes so that you don’t lose.” – Michael Stohler
“Build a life that you don’t need to take a vacation from.” – Michael Stohler
Get in touch with Michael through LinkedIn
or their website at https://www.gatewaype.com/
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE?
Be sure to follow me on the below platforms:
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple
, or Stitcher
. LinkedIn Youtube Exclusive Facebook Group www.yonahweiss.com
None of this could be possible without the awesome team at Buzzsprout
. They make it easy to get your show listed on every major podcast platform. Support the show